The newly promoted Wild Atlantic Way is a 2,500 km / 1550 mile signposted driving route stretching from the Inishowen Peninsula in Donegal to Kinsale in County Cork.
In addition to the already existing Causeway Coastal driving route in Northern Ireland, Ireland will offer one of the most scenic & romantic touring drives in the world. Galway is situated almost midway along the route and the g Hotel is the ideal base from which to explore the sights and sounds of vibrant Galway as well as the majestic natural attractions of Galway Bay, the Aran islands, Ciffs of Moher and the mountains of Connemara.
There are a number of guides being produced including - 50 Secrets of the Wild Atlantic Way - designed to highlight some of the many treasures along the route
...places where the locals like to go
...some off the beaten track
giving visitors the opportunity to get a true authentic Irish experience whilst surrounded by the majestic beauty of the wild Atlantic Ocean
Signature experiences include:
- Weaving magic into Donegal tweed
- Taking a traditional seaweed bath or even kayaking to collect your own seaweed
- Sailing a Galway Hooker traditional fishing boat on Galway Bay
- Feeding the swans in Galway's Claddagh harbour
- Catching mackerel off the promenade 'Prom' in Salthill in September
- Meeting a oyster farmer as he collects the best of season for local restaurants and bars
- Irish language lessons in Connemara or visit the Skelligs in Dingle, Ireland's 'Maccu Pichu'
Here is a short video http://youtu.be/PIzU6Vhpzyw to help you immerse yourselves and imagine yourself driving the stunning, the majestic, the Irish - Wild Atlantic Way!