Last month, we organised a donation drop off week for COPE Galway, inviting the local community to donate to our COPE Galway donation booth in the g Hotel.
We were delighted to have received such a huge positive response to our appeal. We were blown away by the generous donations made by our own hotel staff, suppliers and the general public in Galway, who all dropped in items COPE were in need of in the run up to Christmas.
COPE Galway is one of our chosen charities this year, an organisation whose vision is an improved quality of
A sincere THANK YOU to everyone that supported this initiative. You can continue to help those in need by donating directly to COPE Galway. Please see all details below:
The g Hotel & Spa
What can I donate?
- Books/ Home-ware/ crockery
- Good quality clean clothing and shoes.
- DVD’s and books/ Games for children
- Dry foods and unperishable items (i.e. tinned food, pasta, tea, coffee, sugar, etc.)
- Toys: good quality children’s toys (stuffed toys must be new, with tags) (no toys requiring batteries, please)
- Toiletries: new and unopened toiletries, (ie. cosmetics, toothpaste, toothbrushes, body wash, shampoo)
- Towels (clean and in good condition)
- Vouchers (Dunne’s, Smyth’s, Lidl, Aldi, etc.)
- Bed Linen (clean and usable single sheets/duvets and duvet covers]
COPE Galway – what they do…
COPE Galway has been providing Social Services in Galway since the 1970s. Originally called Galway Social Service Council, the organisation was established by the Galway Diocese. In 1996 the organisation became a limited company and the name changed to Galway Social Services Limited. In 2000 the name was changed to COPE and in 2008 the organisation was re-launched under the name COPE Galway, to signify that all the services are provided in Galway city and county. COPE Galway employs over 100 people in a wide variety of roles including social care professionals, childcare workers, community support workers, chefs, cleaners and administrative support staff. Our employees are supported in their work by a committed team of over 150 volunteers. We could not deliver the full range of services without the generous support of these volunteers. Together their dedicated team work towards COPE Galway’s vision of improving the quality of life in a home of your own for people affected by homelessness, women and children experiencing domestic violence, and older people.